I didn't think much about this class being scheduled for a somewhat early hour on Monday mornings, but I didn't notice any students sleeping, but it is early in the quarter yet.
I opened the class asking students to read each others' writing samples and then we had a brief and fairly unimaginative discussion. I'm looking forward to getting into their writing samples and seeing what they came up with, hopefully something with a bit more oomph than what they shared in class.
After our discussion, we moved on to the mundane chore of reviewing the syllabus, briefly reviewed how Blackboard operated, and then moved on to the real highlight of the day for them, a quick game of get-to-know-your-neighbor-by-making-assumptions-about-them-based-on-their-appearance baseball. It didn't appear that everyone had yet acquired the book, so I'm a little concerned half the class will come in Wednesday without a journal written, the text, or any idea of what we'll be discussing... but I'll cross the bridge when I get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment